Reiss Motivation Profile
“To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will”.
Sugar Ray Robinson
What drove you to start practicing your sport?
Was it to get some kind of status among friends or was it because you felt a physical need?
What drives you to compete … do you have a strong desire to win or is it more about performing at your best together with others?
Performance is driven by motivation and you might think that everyone who competes is driven to be the first across the finish line?
Of course, we may all have a desire to win but it’s not necessarily what drives and motivates us.
How your inner motivation drivers are aligned will give you a picture of what is important to you and what is involved in managing your choices and achievements.
Maybe you’re at your best when you’re competing on a team? Or maybe you are coping with hard workouts because you hope to someday be a famous athlete, holding world records?
If you want to win at any cost – how do you handle the pressure?
Our inner motivation drivers control our behavior and as an athlete it is clearly an advantage to know what drives you. It makes it easier to adjust both training and competition preparations to enable you to succeed.
With a Reiss Motivation Profile® you have access to your inner motivation drivers.
The REISS Motivation Profile® is a scientifically proven method that identifies a persons internal motivation. The profile is based on motivational psychology and is supported by huge amounts of research. Athletes who participated in the Olympics in Beijing 2008 and in London 2012, used the Reiss Motivation Profile with good results.
By understanding what really drives an athlete to perform, we can also identify situations that prevent or may prevent them from performing at their best.
Teams chart and teams matrix allows us to compare all the profiles in one team, thus making an overall analysis.
We can observe both similarities and differences in absolute or relative motivating values within a single team. We can thus avoid conflicts and frustrations that inhibit performance.
Success for athletes and trainers
- Is someone having a hard time sticking to the exercise program and thus creating frustration for both coaches and teammates?
- Do conflicts easily rise between some of the players on the team?
- Do you lack the motivation to train on your own when this is required?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is important to you: to have status and autonomy or to feel acceptance and peace?
- Are there big disagreements between you and your coach?
By answering a number of questions we can discover what really drives your motivation and thus make necessary changes that will enable you to maximum performance.
What’s in it for you?
Success for athletes and trainers
- You get a complete overview of what motivates your athletes that will enable them to perform at their full potential
- You can avoid conflicts between you and your athletes and/or between athletes themselves
- You become aware of who is driven by winning and who is driven by social contact
- You become aware of who can handle the stress – and who can’t
- You become aware of who needs to be independent and who is team-oriented
- And much more….
- You become fully aware of what really motivates you to do what you do
- Not motivated? – get answers to what changes you can make
- Frustrated? – Find out the cause and the solution
- Aren’t you paying attention to your nutrition? – Find out why and together we make a plan
- What motivates you: to lead or follow? – Let’s find out what really drives you
After the test, you will have a 1-1½ hour personal feedback.
Contact me for more information and/or if you want to make an appointment.
Become the best you-find your intrinsic motivational drivers.
To read more on Reis Motivation Profile®: http://www.reissprofile.eu/sport